Saturday, 28 April 2012

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel For Oily Sensitive Skin Review

I have been using this cleanser since Christmas so thought I would give it a quick review. This cleanser sounded perfect for my break out prone, sensitive skin and it is soap free, colorant free, alcohol free and paraben free so I splashed out and bought it for £10.21 from Boots. 
I used it every morning and evening and was really impressed with the results. It reduced the frequency of my breakouts and rarely gave me the tight, post cleansing feeling that I hate. I was loving this cleanser until...


...My skin, out of the blue, decided to become really dehydrated and so sensitive that it responded with angry blemishes to pretty much anything I put on it. Annoying is not the word... So after having the worst of my pealing (yes PEALING!) skin taken care of with a facial I decided to stop using this product and try a much more gentle cleanser. I don't know what caused by skin to change so suddenly but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't this product as I had been using it for months with no complaints.

I do really like this cleanser but I would avoid it if you have very sensitive/intolerant skin (like me) as it does contain Sodium Laureth Sulphate which probably aggravated my skin even more. I have recently purchased a Naked cleanser and I will review that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment