Sunday, 29 April 2012

My Staple Products




1. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask- I bought this a few weeks ago when I was suffering from flaky/dry skin and I fell in love straight away. It has been a skin lifesaver and I now couldn't be without it. It contains all sorts of lovely, natural oils and butters which means it smells AMAZING and my skin really does drink it up. It was £20 for 100ml which I think is reasonable as a little goes a long way and I will definitely be repurchasing (probably sooner than I'd like as I am using it most nights instead of the suggested twice a week!)


2. Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask- This is a self-heating mask which means it opens your pores up for a deeper cleanse. It contains salicylic acid which really helps my skin with any breakouts. I love how my skin feels after using it; really fresh but not stripped (it says it contains grapeseed oil and jojoba beads which I attribute to the moisturised feeling.) The only complaint I have with this mask is with the 'colour change active' used in it. It turns blue when it mixed with water and unfortunately dyes small patches of your skin/eyebrows if not rubbed in properly. I use this mask once or twice a week which means that one tube lasts me months.


3. Flannels- An underestimated skincare essential that everyone should use. They remove dead skin cells as you cleanse without being too harsh on your skin. I try to use a fresh one every day (I don't throw them away I just put them through the wash) and for 3 for £1.50 in Primark at the moment you might as well.


4. Water- Obviously everyone drinks water and it's not strictly a skincare product but I do think it makes such a difference to your skin if you drink lots of it. I try to drink 4L if I'm at home all day or 2L if I'm out.


5. Vitamins- I'm not a massive vitamin taker as I prefer to just eat reasonably healthy, however I do take omega 3 fish oil and occasionally vitamin E which I think help my skin. (Vitamin E is also great for putting directly onto your skin as a natural moisturiser.)


6. Olive Oil- I was struggling to find a really mild eye makeup remover until I read something about using olive oil. I tried it and it did the job wonderfully; it didn't sting my eyes at all but removed all my makeup and it's a bargain at around £2 for 500ml. It also works wonders when used as a hair and scalp mask.


7. Sudocrem- I know I really shouldn't like this due to the fact that it's pretty much just pure mineral oil (boooo, sssssss) but the skin wants what it wants. I think it is a miracle worker on spots but I do use it only as a last resort when my next product fails...


8. Tea Tree Oil- I have tried a few cheaper brands' tea tree oils but I always end up going back to The Body Shop's version (mainly because theirs isn't at all greasy/oily). After I've cleansed and toned I use a cotton wool bud to dab this onto any blemishes I have.


9. A moisturiser with SPF- I have a few different ones with varying SPF's but they all contain at least SPF 15. The one shown in the picture is my Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream with SPF 50. I will do another post soon comparing my favourite ones.



5 comments:

  1. Olive oil as make-up remover! Absolute genius! Is there no beauty dilemma which can't be solved with olive oil?? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really doubt it, someone should rebrand it as a miracle oil and sell it for twice the price!

      Delete
  2. No clogs allowed is one of my favourite skincare products- I love that it heats up when you put it on! Haven't tried olive oil on my hair...might have to give it a whirl xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yepp, it makes my skin feel so refreshed!

      Delete
  3. Awesome skin essentials! On the olive olive oil note, it is really awesome but I've noticed it can be a bit pricey so I switched over to jojaba oil (lasts for ages too) and I really love it as a moisturizer and makeup remover. You can also add a few drops to moisturizer on dry days and it won't break you out.. Oh and I got mine (organic) from acne.org.. :))

    ReplyDelete