Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Craving Pink


When it comes to lipsticks, I am usually a faithful lover of red shades but recently I’ve had wondering eyes and so I splashed out and treated myself to two new pinky colours.

The first one is a Kate Moss one (#20) and is the lipstick of choice of one of my housemates. I tried it. I liked it. I bought it. I got mine on offer from Superdrug for £3.99 instead of £5.49 so it was easier for me to justify my purchase. It’s a very blue toned pink; I’d say its a bold raspberry colour and will be great for warm(ish) summer evenings. It smells nice but doesn't taste great and gives a fairly glossy finish. I only have to re-apply after eating or drinking which is good.

The second is a Sleek one in coral reef (#772). I really like Sleek’s makeup range (I wouldn’t be without their illuminating concealer) but have never tried their lipsticks before. I’d spied this shade a few weeks ago but it was out of stock so I was very happy to finally get my hands on it. It doesn't smell or taste great but I don't really mind that. It feels lovely and balmy and for under £4 it's worth it. It looks very orangey in the picture- it's actually more of a pink with a coral twist. I don't do orange shades; orange hair + orange lips = not great.

Left: Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in #20
Right: Sleek True Colour Lipstick in coral reef #772
Left: Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in #20
Right: Sleek True Colour Lipstick in coral reef #772 
Left: Kate Moss for Rimmel lipstick in #20
Right: Sleek True Colour Lipstick in coral reef #772
I'm happy with my purchases and both of these will make lovely additions to my ever-growing lipstick family.

11 comments:

  1. cheeky monkey!! I like the other one too :)

    www.sallycinnamonblog.blogspot.com

    (oh look i've got a new blog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks lovely, Sally Cinnamon you're my worrrlllddddd

      Delete
  2. great choice,I love these colours!!

    http://fashionshores.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Your blog has lovely pictures

      Delete
  3. Hello dear,
    maybe you would like to follow each other's blogs with GFC or via bloglovin? or even both?

    wolffashion.blogspot.com

    have a nice day!
    gV

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous colours! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- ahhhh I love your blog! I'm probably going to waste my afternoon looking at the pretty posts!

      Delete
  5. wow, i love both of those colours! They look so pretty!
    They're so pigmented! I dont think I can wear either of those colours though!
    http://oliviadollydaydream.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've just dyed my hair BRIGHT red though so don't think I can wear either for a while now. I really should have thought about that!

      Delete